Welcome to the last weekend for January 2018. This week’s reading, of course, overlaps the first week of February as well as seeing the last of the Rider-Waite Tarot Deck for a few months. Apologies for this week also, we had a very busy Sunday in the shop at #GalleriaEttalongBeach from the onset and I didn’t get a chance to get it done. So we will be missing out on Sunday for this week, though finishing up on Sunday next week, which of course, will be in February.
So without further adieu, here is the reading.
- II PENTACLES – We begin Monday with a rolling balance. It has certainly been that way for me so far. Balance can be up and down, down and up. It can be perfect in its own alignment to the harmony of the energies of the day. That is what it is – abundance in harmony, balance in abundance.
- VIII CUPS – Tuesday’s card looks a tad on the ominous side. However, the 8 of cups brings us to a point that it can be too much abundance to be believed. Too much stress and worry on the home front is not a good thing. It is, again like the abovementioned card, harmony out of proportion.
- KING WANDS – Wednesday’s card is full of hope. Stability in the highest. Work is great and comes with its own rewards. Not hard, it will make the day travel along the path easily. A great day for the last day of the month.
- THE LOVERS – Thursday’s card is a terrific one for the first day of the second month. A day promising compatibilities with work, home and studies. A great day for the kids to be going back to school today. Love could even be in the air as a cooler day is promised for that day.
- THE EMPEROR – Friday’s card is full of strength, stability and promises to be a great day for those who have persevered over the holiday period. A great day for promotions, moving up the career ladder of success. A watchful eye by the boss will show most mishaps can be picked up upon.
- KNIGHT WANDS – Saturday’s card sees the knight in shining armour returning with a message from the enemy.He’s telling you to be warned, to be careful of what might happen soon. We would do well to heed this worthy advice and travel slowly on the path of life.
- V CUPS – Sunday is more sombre for a bright sunshiny day. Still, being warned is armed and seeing the emotions of the day are feeling down, how can we hope not to go further on.
- V PENTACLES – For the end of the month swap over to a new month we are looking at a halfway mark that will see us neither struggling financially nor winning goals. A very ordinary day on the abundance stakes.
- III SWORDS – For the year of 2018 in relation to the rest of the week will see this as a stab in the heart for our passion, our love of life and possibly heartache for a lasting memory. Not a good card to be ending this week’s reading, so be careful out there and go steady as you go.
Wow, this week’s card reading is all too sombre for me, I’m afraid. I am so looking forward to the end of the week, and it has barely begun. How did you fare during the month of January while visiting with the Rider-Waite Tarot Deck?
I always have felt it is a deck that says it all in black and white. It minces no words in getting to the point of the matter. Although the colours are present, I see it see the full outright point setting in its interpretations and its pertinence. It is nowhere near my favourite deck, though will always reward me with the truth.
Next week will be a surprise deck as we travel to the distant and even ancient place in the Mediterranean to revisit a deck I avoided owning for many a year. Keep watching our weekly channels for your next tarot reading.
Today’s reading comes with a difference. We are, from henceforth, delivering to you a weekly reading instead of a daily reading. We feel this will give you more balance during the week to understand how the whole week will unfold. If you would still like to see a daily reading, please comment below. Otherwise, we will continue with a weekly one every Saturday.
Here’s How it Works
We have seven cards – one for each day of the week. Then another two cards – one for the month, and another for the year. So, all in all, there will be nine cards altogether laid out. Unless of course, there are any other cards that which jump out and want to have their say.
- VI PENTACLES
We begin with Saturday’s card and it shows a bright start for the beginning of the week. Six Pentacles is not to be sneezed at when one is hoping for a good outcome. Abundance is coming today with a little to spare to give out to others or be a little charitable at the end of the day.
As we venture to the last day of the weekend, Sunday’s card brings a warning to be on guard for the rest of the week. As the trumpet blows its warning signal, remember that to be forewarned is forearmed. Do not take anything for granted, yet at the same time, do not be ultra-cautious.
- VIII SWORDS
For Monday’s card, we have an inkling as to the warning’s meaning. It is suggestive of a connection to work as the first day of the working week. Tied up with angst does not help begin the week on a good note. So learn to relax more to let some of those pent-up emotions out.
- IX CUPS
A good card to show up for Tuesday’s card. At least the home front looks good for the moment. Something to look forward to after coming home from a hard day at the office means the emotions of the day can be relaxed for a sounder night’s rest.
- KING CUPS
Wednesday’s card shows us we can be in control of all issues at home. Not only that, we actually feel as though we are the ones in control and making sure the situation remains stable. What can possibly go wrong today?
- THE HERMIT
Showing up for Thursday’s card means a day spent in solitude. Well, there are worse ways to spend the day, so let’s just get on with life and make the most of it. Silence is Golden, so they say. It can make the day go quicker without the distractions.
- V PENTACLES
Friday’s card could end worse than half way down the track. Think of it as being half full rather than half empty. We have left our mark in the workforce this week and it doesn’t end on a sour note. Go home, relax and get some well-earned rest. Next week is another week.
- IX PENTACLES
For the month of January. When you look at the previous seven cards, then relate them to January, this week’s reading is setting the tone for the rest of the month. Hard work can earn the abundance that is deserved. Don’t be afraid to take the individual stand to stand out from the crowd. It could pay dividends.
- IV WANDS
Then in relation to the year, this week’s reading shows us that this year shows promise of being a stable one. The highs and lows being very short and shallow so they are more like troughs and curves.
Overall, a most uneventful week ahead.
Have a good one
Two Cards Jumped out
While shuffling for today’s reading, two extra cards jumped out. This sometimes happens when Spirit has something important to instil into us all.
- VI WANDS is the journey on the way to work today (whatever work you are doing). Take it easy, relax to enjoy the journey for what it is.
- HIGH PRIESTESS is in your energy circle, telling you a new role of power is opening up for you. It is time to take stock and responsibility of this power, Much to think about for the short-term future.
- THE FOOL foes blithely through life with a carefree attitude. Enjoy the sun, enjoy the day. This is an exception and not the rule. So make the most of the smoother energies of the day.
- STRENGTH tells us to take the opportunity to accept the power you have from within. Get back in touch with it for today and allow it to fill your soul. It looks as though you may need it.
- DEATH card tells us the end is near. Don’t misunderstand this card for its literal meaning. This may pertain to a vehicle/job/ project of some type. The movement has stopped and now is the time to finish what you have started. The power comes before the end.
Overview of Reading
For today we are heavy with the major arcana and the words telling us what we have, and not what to do. Take stock of the fact our needs are taken care of while we reflect and complete the projects of the day. Knowing that the end of the day may end abruptly. Forewarned is always forearmed, so be ready for the end of the day.