Welcome to the last weekend for January 2018. This week’s reading, of course, overlaps the first week of February as well as seeing the last of the Rider-Waite Tarot Deck for a few months. Apologies for this week also, we had a very busy Sunday in the shop at #GalleriaEttalongBeach from the onset and I didn’t get a chance to get it done. So we will be missing out on Sunday for this week, though finishing up on Sunday next week, which of course, will be in February.
So without further adieu, here is the reading.
- II PENTACLES – We begin Monday with a rolling balance. It has certainly been that way for me so far. Balance can be up and down, down and up. It can be perfect in its own alignment to the harmony of the energies of the day. That is what it is – abundance in harmony, balance in abundance.
- VIII CUPS – Tuesday’s card looks a tad on the ominous side. However, the 8 of cups brings us to a point that it can be too much abundance to be believed. Too much stress and worry on the home front is not a good thing. It is, again like the abovementioned card, harmony out of proportion.
- KING WANDS – Wednesday’s card is full of hope. Stability in the highest. Work is great and comes with its own rewards. Not hard, it will make the day travel along the path easily. A great day for the last day of the month.
- THE LOVERS – Thursday’s card is a terrific one for the first day of the second month. A day promising compatibilities with work, home and studies. A great day for the kids to be going back to school today. Love could even be in the air as a cooler day is promised for that day.
- THE EMPEROR – Friday’s card is full of strength, stability and promises to be a great day for those who have persevered over the holiday period. A great day for promotions, moving up the career ladder of success. A watchful eye by the boss will show most mishaps can be picked up upon.
- KNIGHT WANDS – Saturday’s card sees the knight in shining armour returning with a message from the enemy.He’s telling you to be warned, to be careful of what might happen soon. We would do well to heed this worthy advice and travel slowly on the path of life.
- V CUPS – Sunday is more sombre for a bright sunshiny day. Still, being warned is armed and seeing the emotions of the day are feeling down, how can we hope not to go further on.
- V PENTACLES – For the end of the month swap over to a new month we are looking at a halfway mark that will see us neither struggling financially nor winning goals. A very ordinary day on the abundance stakes.
- III SWORDS – For the year of 2018 in relation to the rest of the week will see this as a stab in the heart for our passion, our love of life and possibly heartache for a lasting memory. Not a good card to be ending this week’s reading, so be careful out there and go steady as you go.
Wow, this week’s card reading is all too sombre for me, I’m afraid. I am so looking forward to the end of the week, and it has barely begun. How did you fare during the month of January while visiting with the Rider-Waite Tarot Deck?
I always have felt it is a deck that says it all in black and white. It minces no words in getting to the point of the matter. Although the colours are present, I see it see the full outright point setting in its interpretations and its pertinence. It is nowhere near my favourite deck, though will always reward me with the truth.
Next week will be a surprise deck as we travel to the distant and even ancient place in the Mediterranean to revisit a deck I avoided owning for many a year. Keep watching our weekly channels for your next tarot reading.
Today, one extra card jumped out.
- VI SWORDS asks is vengeance on your mind today? Have you not recovered yesterday’s angst? Be warned today’s leftover emotions as you travel the road to work today.
- THE FOOL is once again giving you a relaxed day. At work, play, home or office – take it for what it is. Enjoy your surroundings for the sun is shining in your part of the word.
- STRENGTH has returned to keep you in good standing to make sure there is inner as well as outer strength. Take it all in your stride and don’t give in to deflated feelings.
- REVERSED X PENTACLES gives abundance falling flat today. You will e left standing, wondering what has happened to cause all of this. Keep the strength of the month and wait until tomorrow, for it is yet another day.
Overall, it is an up and down day today. Try to go with the flow, emotions will be at the medium level as you carry out the errands that are necessary, whether at work or home.
Today’s reading comes with a standard three card draw.
- Knight Swords for today is the card for charging at your anger. For pursuing focused energy and determination to right the wrongs from others to you.
- King Pentacles tells you that although you have won our hard-earned wealth and happiness, it seems it is not as you thought it would be.
- X Pentacles tells you to lighten your load so that it feels just right to really enjoy your abundance for what it truly is.
Overall, you will be better off if you let your anger out by venting, then reflect on your hard-earned abundance with gratitude.
Welcome to Sandy’s Daily Readings. Each month I will change the deck of cards to a new deck. I will give you a daily reading each week. The first deck of cards I will be using is The Rider Waite Deck.
My method of choosing the cards is that first I shuffle while focusing on the day in question. Eg, shuffling and focusing on the 1st January 2018. Once done, I will then count the days of the month out. For today I have counted the first card for the 1st January, this is then laid down face up. Then I will count for the month number. For this month, I have counted the next card (as in the first card) for the 1st month of the year. This is then laid out face up. Then finally I will count the cards for the number of years this century. This year is 18. I will lay the 18th card face up in the three card spread.
So, without further delay, here are the cards for
- IX Swords. Severe anxiety today appears to upset the equilibrium of the energies for the first day of the new year. Well, it is a 9 year after all. Let’s hope this doesn’t set the tone for the rest of the year.
- Ace of Cups is now getting away from the downside and showing strength from within. Cups represent the family life and love. Strong emotions for the second card, lending support for the home life. Keep your family issues close to you.
- IV Wands always gives me a good feeling of strength and stability. A kind of balance is showing for the day. Work is neither too hard, nor too easy. Yet just right.
Overall, as the day begins with anxiety, emotions for the home life come through for the month. Work and stability will rule the year with more balance.
One sunny Saturday morning as I was sitting at the breakfast table
sipping my morning peppermint tea, and staring into space between
here and there, a vision came to me so bright and clear, I could not
ignore it. I saw my great-grandmother standing by her grave-site,
next to a beautiful big old Elm Tree. She was looking at me and
when we made eye contact, she turned to look down at her grave.
She looked so sad. Then came another vision superimposing upon
this one. It was of seven tarot cards and they were lined up above my
great-grandmother’s head. She looked up at them, herself.
They were all turned face down. As I looked at each one in turn, it
turned face up. I interpreted each one, in my mind, saying what the
card was. (Keep in mind that up until this point, I had not seen a
tarot deck in this life-time). As I interpreted each card, it turned face
down again. By the time I reached the seventh card, I “knew” I could
read the tarot cards. The vision of the cards disappeared from view
which left the vision of my great-grandmother. I knew I just had to
go and visit her grave. So I did and found the grave-site of my great grandfather
nearby, as well. When I returned home, it was as though
the knowledge of the tarot card reading had been passed on to me.
My great-grandmother’s spirit had come to me to tell me that she
used to read the playing cards when she was alive. I was only
vaguely aware of this, as in most family histories, the youngest
members are not always privy to such facts.
So now, having been “awoken” from my slumber lay in real life
to the wonderful gift of Tarot Reading way back twenty plus years
ago, I began teaching this art while trying to explain what the
different cards meant and how to best lay the spreads to people who
simply wanted to know what was going to happen next in their daily
lives. What they really wanted was a fix all that would tell them
everything would be fine.
So, in the last few years I have been busying myself with Tarot
Reading Workshops and teaching people the simple way to read the
Tarot Cards. Without mystery. Without judgement. Without
hassle. I resorted to the very old and ancient way I had been taught
many, many, lifetimes ago. I liken the times to those of the Ancient
Greeks and Romans when life was so much simpler and easier. Of
course, this could have even been in a different dimension of time
and space. For those answers you will have to await my book
“Thymeline – The Three Pillars” which is due out in late 2016.
In the mean time, I invite you to have your own Tarot Cards at the
ready, sit back, take a sip of your tea or coffee (each to your own)
and be ready to learn to take on this Workshop in Tarot Reading with
Sandy Cee and Connect through Spirit: Rider Waite Deck.
Have you ever watched the flag bearers at the Olympic Games? Look at the individual carrying the flag. He or She is filled with a sense of pride and responsibility as the march continues on its way. They wend their way around the games, leading their home teams. He or she is at the front of the team. Saying “make way, this is us from…” what ever country they are all from.
The Ace may represent One, or represent the whole of the suit. Either way, it is at the front, leading the team of that suit on, around the games to participate in the game of life. The game of telling the future. The Ace is at the front, in full regalia of that suit. Look at the Ace of which ever suit you pick up. It is larger than all of the other minor arcana cards. It is saying “I am One of this suit”
The Ace is therefore of high importance in a tarot spread. It carries a great deal of weight, whether it is One, or the card above the King. In some ways, it is a wild card, as it reaches out and packs a proverbial punch in the tarot reading.
If there are many lower numbered cards around, then take it more as a number 1, meaning it is before the two of whatever suit is following it. If however, it falls around a significant number of court cards, then it can be taken as a high card – above that of the King of that suit.
There are a variety of situations the ace may be involved in. It may fall before one or some of the minor arcana and therefore it means a lesser value. It could fall after these same cards and, while still meaning a lesser value, it can also be significant enough to say THAT is what it is, rather than I think it is this…
The higher the numbered cards that fall before or after the ace, the more significant it will be in the reading.