- By accepting these terms, the participant agrees to pay the Course fees (including GST) for the Course using the payment method selected on the enrolment form.
- The participant accepts that he/she is required to pay the full amount of the Course fees even if he/she does not complete the Course.
- If the participant is under 18, the parent/guardian is responsible for the payment of the Course Fees.
- The duration of the Course is stated in the SCA Course Description and/or advised at time of enrolment.
- Course commencement is the date upon which we receive your course fees in full.
- Participants are unable to graduate from their course until course fees have been paid in full and the course has been completed with the participant rewarded his/her certificate.
- Course enrolment is complete when the participant has been issued a username and password for online course access/or sent course materials via another method;
- Course duration is effective from the date eLearning access/access to materials is granted; and
- Course commencement is effective from the date eLearning access/access to materials is granted.
- Special offer coupon codes cannot be added to an enrolment retrospectively and must be added at the time of enrolment.
Course Materials, Access and Assessment
- Course Materials are supplied in an online environment, unless otherwise stated in the course description, and are available for viewing online and may not be downloaded;
- The content of the online Course Materials, including copyright and all other such intellectual property rights contained therein, remain the property of SCA. You may not reproduce any part of the online Course Materials without the prior written consent of SCA;
- Course materials and course content are subject to change;
- Most course materials are provided online via our Learning Management System (LMS) 24/7 or via alternative means. The eLearning site may occasionally be unavailable during scheduled maintenance. In the event that our eLearning system becomes unavailable, course materials will be provided by another mode of delivery;
- In the event that extra course materials are required, these will be listed in the course description and alternatives where these can be procured.
- Unit/subject codes located within our eLearning system are for internal purposes only and do not appear on graduate certificates and/or unit/subject transcripts.
- Optional printed materials are available for most courses/units within Australia only. Charges apply;
- Independent research beyond the course materials may be required to complete the assessment;
- All assessments must be submitted online via the eLearning system;
- Elearning access may be suspended after six (6) months of inactivity; and
- Enrolment/access is provided until the date of graduation during a period of 12 (twelve) months, as long as course fees have been paid in full.
Direct Debit Payment Policy
Direct Debit Policy
1.1 The Student agrees that the Contract becomes binding on the date that SCA accepts the Student’s completed Direct Debit Payment Application (Commencement Date).
1.2 Unless terminated earlier in accordance with this Contract, the Contract will terminate on the date that is shown as the ‘Final Payment Date’ in the Direct Debit Payment Application.
1.3 The period commencing on the Commencement Date and ending on the date referred to in clause 1.2 is the Term.
2.1 A 50% deposit amount is payable to SCA by the Student before Commencement Date as per the selected course description. (whether online or face to face)
2.2 The Total Amount is reduced by the amount of the deposit.
2.3 The balance of the course amount is required to be paid in full prior to commencement.
- Payments and Fees
3.1 The Student will make payment to SCA of the Total Amount in accordance with the Direct Debit Payment Application.
3.2 To facilitate payments under clause 3.1, payment via PayPal and or Offline Credit Card Facilities at SCA will be made available by SCA.
3.3 Any transaction fees are payable as per the PayPal Terms & Conditions
- Cancellation of Payments
4.1 The Student may cancel the Direct Debit Bank Account Request by written notice to SCA. Cancellation of the authority to debit the Student’s account will not terminate this Contract or affect the Student’s liability to make the payments.
4.2 If the Student cancels the authority to debit the Student’s account under clause 4.1, then the Total Amount will become immediately due and payable by the Student.
- Dishonoured Payments
5.1 Where the Student’s direct debit payment is dishonoured, SCA will attempt to affect the direct debit on each of the following 2 consecutive days after the missed due date.
5.2 SCA will not be responsible for any fees the Student incurs from their bank due to dishonoured payments.
5.3 Where a direct debit payment is declined, course access will be suspended until the arrears are paid in full.
5.4 A maximum of three (3) declined payments will be permitted. After the third declined payment, the direct debit payment will be suspended, and full payment of the outstanding balance will be required.
- Reporting Agencies
Upon default by the Student in regard to any obligation under this Contract and failure to remedy the default after notification by SCA, the Student authorises SCA to notify any debt collection or credit reporting agency of the default. Failure to pay any outstanding amount may result in an unpaid listing on the Student’s Credit file.
- Termination by SCA
8.1 If the Student, fails to pay when due 3 or more consecutive payments, or if SCA forms the view, based on past payment performance, that the Student will not comply with the Contract in the future, then SCA may terminate the Contract by notice in writing to the Student.
8.2 If SCA terminates the Contract in accordance with clause 8.1 then the Total Amount will become immediately due and payable by the Student.
A Student’s ‘personal information’ (as that term is defined in the Privacy Act 1988 (CCA)) will only be used by SCA to provide you with the services contemplated by this Contract. SCA’s Privacy Statement is to be found on its website: https://spiritconnections.com.au/privacy-policy/
Where the Direct Debit Payment Application was signed by a Guarantor because the Student is under the age of 18 years, the Guarantor will be jointly and severally liable with the Student for the Total Amount.
- Limitation of Liability
To the extent permitted by law, SCA hereby excludes any liability to the Student in contract, tort, statute or in any other way for any injury, damage or loss of any kind whatsoever (including, without limitation, any liability for direct, indirect, special or consequential loss or damage), sustained by the Student or any other person, or for any costs, charges or expenses incurred by the Student, arising from or in connection with this Contract and any act or omission of SCA.
To the extent permitted by law, the Student indemnifies and keeps indemnified SCA for any loss and damage suffered by SCA by or as a consequence of this Contract.
Except as otherwise stated in this Contract, this Contract may only be varied by SCA giving at least 14 days’ notice to the Student of the changes including, if applicable, the new amount, new frequency and next debit date.
- Entire Agreement
13.1 This Contract, the Direct Debit Payment Application and any agreement entered into between the Student and SCA constitute the entire agreement, understanding and arrangement (express and implied) between the Student and SCA and supersedes and cancels any contract, deed, arrangement, related condition, collateral arrangement, condition, warranty, indemnity or representation imposed, given or made by a party (or an agent of a party) prior to entering into this Contract.
- Business Day
When a direct debit payment falls on a weekend or public holiday the debit will be initiated on the next business day.
- Issuance of Certificates. Certificates will be issued upon completion of the course, providing all payments and fees are paid in full by direct debit or PayPal.
- Payment Plan Availability. Payment plans are available for select programs only.
Course Withdrawal and Refunds
Refunds and Course Withdrawal
Spirit Connections does not provide refunds if you change your mind or choose the wrong service/product. If you wish to withdraw from your course, you are able to transfer into another course free of charge within 7 days of enrolment commencement or receive a credit voucher less a $50.00 Administration Fee. See Course Transfer Policy.
Should SCA cancel a course for any reason, students enrolled at the time SCA announces the cancellation will be entitled to a full refund, and this will incur no administrative charges or penalties.
SCA Credit Voucher/Coupon Code Policy
All credit vouchers/discount coupons have the following conditions of use:
- Not redeemable for cash;
- Valid for one (1) use only;
- Coupon codes cannot be added retroactively; coupon codes must be used at the checkout;
- Coupons/vouchers cannot be used in conjunction with other coupons/credit vouchers;
- Coupons/vouchers cannot be used to order printed materials; and
- Coupon code can only be used in the time frame specified in the special offer.
Course Transfer Policy
If you wish to transfer into another program, you may do so within 7 days of your commencement date free of charge. The following conditions apply:
- Transfer must take place within the first 7 days since course commencement;
- Participants can transfer into a course of the same level and fee value. If the program you are transferring into is of a lesser value, a credit voucher will be issued. If the program you are transferring into is of a higher value, the difference in value will be payable.
- Transfers that occur after 7 days and within 21 days will incur a $50.00 Administration Fee. A credit voucher will be issued to the value of total course fees paid less the Administration Fee.
- Participants will not be eligible for a course transfer after 21 days;
- Only one (1) transfer is available;
- No further discounts will apply to the course transferred into; and
- No work/assessment has been saved or submitted.
We will make reasonable efforts to keep any such information that we have about you secure and to ensure that any of our employees or agents who have access to information about you do not make any unauthorised use, modification, reproduction or disclosure of that information.
We will only disclose information that we have about you:
- to the extent specifically required by law; or
- for the purposes of this agreement (including disclosing information in connection with any query or claim)
- information provided by you is considered confidential and will not be divulged to any third party, nor will it be sold.
Upon enrolment into the course, we may use the content from your emails in our marketing materials and on our website testimonials page, as well as send you a monthly newsletter. Your identity will never be revealed; however, we will use your initials and your City. Please be assured that we respect your privacy and only comments related to course outcomes and student experiences will be mentioned.
SCA Code of Practice
SCA has responsibilities to you as a student to provide you with a quality of service that will assist you as much as possible in attaining your professional development certificate. We undertake to abide by all our policies and procedures.
SCA agrees to:
- Provide a tax invoice;
- Provide login details to access the online Course Materials (or alternative access) and mark assessments and provide feedback where applicable on submitted assessment tasks;
- Provide unlimited tutor support via email throughout the enrolment;
- Issue a Certificate upon satisfactory completion of the course (if applicable). We will provide clients with the results of their assessment within 7-14 days of assessment submission/completion. Certificates will be issued by email within 7 days after marketing a students’ final assessment. Hard copy certificates are available upon request and incur at fee of $10 to cover the cost of Postage. International students will receive an electronic copy of their certificate only.
Students with SCA are required to:
- Ensure that all the information provided to SCA is accurate;
- Notify SCA of any contact changes (email, telephone, address etc.);
- Advise SCA of any difficulties or problems they may experience with SCA staff, procedures or training;
- Achieve satisfactory progress with their studies through participation and completion of assessments.
- NOT submit or claim as their own, work derived from other source or work completed by another person. Students found copying and pasting content directly from the Internet will be in breach of these terms and conditions and enrolment in the unit will be cancelled. Re-enrolment into the unit will be required – charges will apply.
- In your interaction with administrative staff, learning consultants and tutor support (including, but not limited to telephone calls, emails and instant chats) you agree to conduct yourself civilly and respectfully at all times. As a customer or student of Spirit Connections Academy, you agree that you shall not, under any circumstances, use abusive language or harass staff. Spirit Connections Academy reserves the right to determine, at its sole discretion, what constitutes abusive language and harassment, and where that has occurred; and may, partially or completely, deny service to any infringing party.